Will 'Breaking Dawn, Part 2' Break Midnight Box Office Records?
So far it's lagging behind...
Breaking Dawn Part 2 grossed an estimated $30.4 million from both Thursday night and midnight Friday shows, Summit Entertainment reported this morning.
As was expected, it's a big start, and a fast start for the final Twilight.
The launch does not appear, however, to be quite on the level of last year's Breaking Dawn Part 1, which grossed a franchise-high $30.3 million strictly from 12:01 a.m. screenings.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2, $43.5 million
- The Dark Knight Rises, $30.6 million
- The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1, $30.3 million
- The Twilight Saga: Eclipse, $30 million
- The Twilight Saga: New Moon, $26.3 million
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1, $24 million
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, $22.2 million
- The Hunger Games, $19.7 million
- The Avengers, $18.7 million
- The Dark Knight, $18.5 million
about the blogger
Myriam Gabriel-Pollock has been writing for MSN since 2006 -- everything from quizzes to feature articles to the Twilight Superfan blog. Prior to that she was a hi-tech geek. She has happily transitioned into a film geek, especially if there are wizards, vampires, mythical places, and spaceships.