'The Twilight Saga' and Its Record-Breaking Statistics
And not just in dollars
- The four top-earning teen romance films of all time are all four "Twilight" films.
- The entire "Twilight" film series thus far represents the highest earning vampire films of all time, followed by "Hotel Transylvania" (2012) and "Van Helsing" (2004), respectively.
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart are the on-screen/off-screen couple who have had the most box office pull -- easily beating Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, who starred together in "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" (2005).
- "Breaking Dawn" the book, which has been broken up into two movies, sold a record-breaking 1.3 million copies in one day.
- More than 5,000 guys auditioned for the part of Edward.
- In preparation for the release of "Breaking Dawn - Part 2," 2,200 people from all over the world registered to camp out for five days in Los Angeles near the location of the world premiere of the film, according to Summit Entertainment.
- "New Moon" holds the record of top all-time opening weekends in November, followed by "Breaking Dawn - Part 1" -- beating out four "Harry Potter" films!
about the blogger
Myriam Gabriel-Pollock has been writing for MSN since 2006 -- everything from quizzes to feature articles to the Twilight Superfan blog. Prior to that she was a hi-tech geek. She has happily transitioned into a film geek, especially if there are wizards, vampires, mythical places, and spaceships.