Briefs: Brad Paisley readies his first interactive book
Plus, news from Lady Antebellum, The Academy of Country Music Awards and more
• Brad Paisley will release his first interactive book, “Building A Wheelhouse,” on April 9, concurrent with the release of his eighth studio album, also titled “Wheelhouse.” The book, which will be available exclusively through iTunes, is described in press materials as “an exploration of the recording process” behind the new album.
Designed with Apple’s digital book creation app, iBooks Author, “Building A Wheelhouse” will offer an in-depth look at the album from both songwriting and production perspectives, with insights from Paisley and others involved in the making of this album. The book’s unique features also include exclusive interviews, video and photo galleries.
• The Academy of Country Music has announced that Luke Bryan, Kelly Clarkson, Hunter Hayes, Miranda Lambert, Blake Shelton, George Strait and The Band Perry are scheduled to perform on the “48th Annual Academy of Country Music Awards,” set for April 7 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. As previously announced, Bryan and Shelton will also host the show, which will air live on the CBS Television Network.
• Lady Antebellum (right) enlisted actress Beth Behrs, co-star of the CBS sitcom “2 Broke Girls,” to appear in the playful music video for their current single, “Downtown.” It was shot in Los Angeles last month, and depicts Behrs and the band’s Hillary Scott in a mischievous night out on the town.
“This is definitely the most fun we’ve ever had shooting a video,” says Scott. “Beth was sweet enough to agree to help out for this video. It’s not often I have a partner in crime to help me stir up a little trouble for [band mates] Dave and Charles.”
“Downtown” is the lead single off Lady A’s upcoming fourth studio album, “Golden,” due out May 7.
• CMT has announced that it will launch an as yet untitled new series starring “The Voice” season three winner Cassadee Pope later this year, according to Multichannel.com. Pope was recently signed to the Republic Nashville label and is working on her debut solo album.
• Craig Morgan is preparing to make his 10th overseas tour to entertain U.S. troops serving abroad. The former soldier will travel with Armed Forces Entertainment and Stars For Stripes to perform a series of acoustic shows in Southwest Asia this spring.
live local music on
Enter your ZIP code to see concerts happening in your area.
Data provided by Zvents