ACA Awards reveal final five song of the year nominees
Show will include performances from Rascal Flatts, Aldean, Bryan, Bentley and more
The list of song of the year nominees for the upcoming American Country Awards has been whittled down from 10 to these five:
• “A Woman Like You,” performed by Lee Brice (writers: Phil Barton, Johnny Bulford, Jon Stone)
• “Fly Over States,” performed by Jason Aldean (Michael Dulaney, Neil Thrasher)
• “Red Solo Cup,” performed by Toby Keith (Brett Beavers, Jim Beavers, Brad Warren, Brett Warren)
• “Springsteen,” performed by Eric Church (Eric Church, Jeff Hyde, Ryan Tyndell)
• “Tattoos On This Town,” performed by Jason Aldean (Michael Dulaney, Wendell Mobley, Neil Thrasher)
The original 10 were chosen by the professional members of the trade group Nashville Songwriters Assn. International (NSAI), and the final five were selected by fan votes.
Artists set to perform on the show, which is set for Dec. 10 on FOX, are Rascal Flatts, Kip Moore, Jake Owen, Jason Aldean, Lady Antebellum, Dierks Bentley, Luke Bryan and Little Big Town. The special also will feature appearances by presenters Miranda Lambert, Natasha Bedingfield, Ron White, champion cowboy Trevor Brazile, Scotty McCreery, Lauren Alaina, Casey James, LeAnn Rimes, Lee Brice, Jana Kramer, Dustin Lynch and Chris Young. Additional performers and presenters will be added.
The show airs live from Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas from 8-10 p.m. (ET). Trace Adkins and Kristin Chenoweth will return as hosts. See the full list of nominees here.
about the blogger
Veteran entertainment journalist Phyllis Stark has been reporting extensively on the music industry for two decades. As a freelance writer, her work appears regularly in numerous publications and sites. She previously was Nashville Bureau Chief at Billboard magazine.