In The Pipeline: New Projects From Brad Paisley, Toby Keith
Paisley Sets April 9, 2013 As Release Date For His Next Album
• Brad Paisley released his new single, “Southern Comfort Zone,” to country radio stations tonight. The busy-sounding single, which includes audio clips ranging from “The Andy Griffith Show” to Grand Ole Opry announcer Eddie Stubbs, was written by Paisley, Chris DuBois and Kelley Lovelace, the writing team behind Paisley’s previous No. 1 hits, “Water,” “Online” and “Remind Me.”
“Southern Comfort Zone” is the first single from Paisley’s next album, set for release April 9, 2013. A video on the making of the single is viewable at bradpaisley.com.
This Saturday, Paisley will appear at the iHeartRadio Music Festival at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. His Virtual Reality Tour 2012 will resume the following week in Florida.
• Toby Keith has revealed the cover art and track listing for his upcoming album via Twitter. The set, titled, “Hope On The Rocks,” will be released on Oct. 30 in both a 10-track regular edition, and a deluxe edition that contains four bonus tracks, two of which were recorded live. Here’s the track listing for the latter edition.
1. Hope On The Rocks
2. The Size I Wear
3. Scat Cat
4. I Like Girls That Drink Beer
5. Get Got
6. Haven’t Had A Drink All Day
7. Haven’t Seen The Last of You
8. Cold Beer Country
9. Missed You Just Right
10. You Ain’t Alone
11. Red Solo Cup – Johnny Mac Remix
12. Beers Ago – Jason Nevins Remix
13. Whiskey Girl (Live)
14. Get Out Of My Car (Live)
about the blogger
Veteran entertainment journalist Phyllis Stark has been reporting extensively on the music industry for two decades. As a freelance writer, her work appears regularly in numerous publications and sites. She previously was Nashville Bureau Chief at Billboard magazine.