Seasoned TV host will share duties with Khloe Kardashian
In addition to his time on "Extra," Mario Lopez is about to do some extra hosting. The New York Post reports that he will co-front "The X Factor" with Khloe Kardashian. (And The Post has good lead on FOX stories: Both companies are owned by News Corporation.)
Lopez and Kardashian -- who are expected to begin their duties once the show goes live next month -- will replace Welsh TV announcer Steve Jones, who was sacked by Simon Cowell last season. (The current season, which started last week, has so far gone without a Ryan Seacrest type.)
Lopez, 38, will stay on with "Extra," which is convenient because it tapes next door to "The X Factor" studio in Los Angeles.
"The X Factor" airs Wednesdays and Thursdays at 8 p.m. ET/PT on FOX.
Singer will take the stage with rapper Pitbull for first results show
Teen idol Justin Bieber is set to perform on the first results show of "Dancing With the Stars."
The all-star season of the ballroom dancing competition will also bring one of music's most popular acts onto the dance floor, as singer Bieber will take the stage on Tuesday, Sept. 25. The "Boyfriend" hitmaker will be joined by rapper Pitbull, as they take part in the two-hour results show.
The 15th season kicks off on Monday, Sept. 24., as 13 previous "DWTS" contestants go head-to-head for another shot at winning the mirrorball trophy.
"Dancing With the Stars" premieres Monday, Sept. 24, at 8 p.m. ET/PT on ABC.
One familiar face gets promoted, David Foster's wife gets added
Bravo execs have confirmed the addition of "The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" cast members Yolanda Hadid Foster and Brandi Glanville as the series returns in November. The ever entertaining ladies of luxury are set to return for a third season of the hit reality show, adding a new cast member and promoting a featured star to a series regular.
Housewives Taylor Armstrong, Adrienne Maloof, Kim Richards, Kyle Richards, and Lisa Vanderpump are all back for another season, while actor Eddie Cibrian's ex-wife, Glanville, has become an official cast member, after making a few appearances in season two.
New to the cast is Foster, a Dutch model who has been married to legendary songwriter and music producer, David Foster, since 2011. In a preview for the upcoming season, Foster doesn't seem to get off on a good foot with Maloof, while Richards undergoes plastic surgery. Grammer shows off her new boyfriend, and Maloof's marriage starts to fall apart. The third season begins on Monday, Nov. 5.
Host opens up about horrifying Season 19 incident
TV host Jeff Probst has opened up about the horrifying "Survivor" incident that almost made him leave the long-running show. The Emmy-winning host has been a part of the reality competition program since its inception in 2000, but throughout his 25 seasons as the game's moderator, one incident in particular made him rethink his career choice. Probst reveals to entertainment site TheWrap.com the moment in 2009 that almost changed his life for good.
He admits, "I had a really rough year in Samoa. I still don't really know what it was, but a lot of things happened on the show. This guy, Russell Swan, he nearly died, and it was really scary to me. Some other things happened with contestants. It just was a weird season, and I was really exhausted and I just didn't think I was good anymore." Probst was so inclined to quit that he even called CBS network chairman Les Moonves to inform him he wasn't up for the task anymore. He continues, "I went and talked to Moonves, and said, 'I owe you and Mark (Burnett) my whole career, and I don't want to disrespect you in any way, but I'm really tired, and the show might be better served by having somebody new come in with fresh ideas.' And Moonves was awesome. He said, 'Do what you need to do. We hope you stay with the show, and if you don't we'll figure it out.' And that was the best approach, because he gave me a chance to decompress, and I was totally back into it again."
Three years after his momentary scare, Probst kicked off the 25th season of the veteran reality show on Wednesday for "Survivor: Philippines," which coincidentally stars Samoa contender, Swan.
"Survivor: Philippines" airs Wednesdays at 8 p.m. ET/PT on CBS.
The first 'Survivor' Season 25 player gets voted off the island in a big-time blindside
Deangelo Wallace leaves auditions with a microphone pack and eventual handcuffs
Trouble stirred on Wednesday's episode of "The X Factor," as one contestant, Deangelo Wallace, left the auditions handcuffed and driven away in a police car. Another batch of wannabes sang their hearts out in the hope of winning the $5 million grand prize, including Wallace, who promised to do a lot of shopping and buy a lot of fast cars if crowned the champ. The Kansas City, Mo, hopeful came on stage with a cocky attitude, insisting if the judges "didn't see a star (in him) they're fools." Wallace declared himself better than Justin Beiber, prompting judge L.A. Reid to ask, "Do you have any idea how much you're getting on our nerves?" Demi Lovato agreed: "You're digging yourself into a hole."
The 19-year-old performed Chris Brown's "With You" and left the panel stunned and disturbed. While the audience booed Wallace, all four judges, including Britney Spears and Simon Cowell fill-in Louis Walsh, decided to leave in the middle of his audition. Perturbed by his ghastly audition, Reid stated, "It was all just a big joke to him. We laugh and have a good time, but it's all serious." Clearly rejected from the competition, Wallace declared, "They don't know what talent is. Something is wrong with them. If you ask me, they all worship the devil." After his audition, Wallace took off without giving the $3,000 microphone pack back to the crew, which sent members of the "X Factor" production staff running through the streets to find him before calling the police.
Once nabbed by the cops, he admitted, "I stole the mic. Y'all didn't let me through so I was gonna steal your equipment." Wallace attempted to show off his singing skills one last time as he was handcuffed and forced into the police car. He was charged with a misdemeanor, but released from custody after a few hours. In addition to Wallace's arrest, 42-year-old Panda Ross left her audition in San Antonio, Texas in an ambulance. Although she wowed judges with her audition, the soulful singer was still suffering from pneumonia, having been hospitalized the day before. Unlike Wallace, Ross left with four "yeses" and hopes to be back to full health for the next round.
"The X Factor" airs Wednesdays and Thursdays at 8 p.m. ET/PT on FOX.
Ian Terry edges out Dan Gheesling for $500,000 grand prize
Ian Terry has been crowned the winner of "Big Brother," winning the $500,000 grand prize on Wednesday's Season 14 finale. After 75 days and 31 competitions, the 21-year-old engineering student was voted the champion by his ex-housemates, edging out former "Big Brother 10" winner, Dan Gheesling.
Bing: More about 'Big Brother'
The season finale started with three contenders left in the house, but after Ian won the final Head of Household challenge, he decided to vote off third-place finisher, Danielle Murphree. Down to the final two, their fate was left in the hands of their former competitors. With mischievous mastermind Dan scheming and practically running the house for the past few weeks, the jury decided to hand over the crown to Ian, who won six out of the seven houseguests' votes in the showdown.
Photos: See this season's contestants
Ian, a self-proclaimed superfan of the reality show who has watching "Big Brother" since he was 10 years old, gushed about his win as he exclaimed, "This is easily the best moment of my entire life. I don't know how the hell I pulled it off." Dan did not leave completely empty handed as he received the runner-up reward of $50,000. Another $25,000 prize was handed out to Frank Eudy, who was voted America's Favorite Houseguest by viewers. CBS execs also announced on Wednesday that "Big Brother" will return for a 15th season next summer.
Alana Thompson reportedly demanding $10,000 per episode to renew
To keep its trailer hitched to TLC for a second season of "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo," the family of 7-year-old Alana Thompson reportedly wants $10,000 per episode. According to the Hollywood Reporter, negotiations are ongoing.
The urge is strong to poke fun. After all, the greatest talents so far demonstrated by these people are pig-feet bobbing, flatulence and possible child exploitation. However, they also know how to draw viewers. Two million or more tune in each week to their reality show, spun off earlier this year from TLC's "Toddlers & Tiaras." And the Shannon-Thompson clan was reportedly paid a grand total of only $40,000 to shoot the reality
show's six-episode first season.
The Reporter quotes an unnamed source claiming that negotiations are likely to conclude with $8,000 per episode, plus a possible location fee.
The Season 1 finale of "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" airs Wednesday, Sept. 26, at 10 p.m. ET/PT on TLC.