'Pretty Little Liars' Talking Points: Let's Go to the Video
10 major plot points you need to know to get by at the water cooler
Last week on "PLL," Emily finally explored the site her dead ex-girlfriend Maya had created with all the videos of them as a couple -- which made her all sad and weepy. But she shared her pain with new girlfriend Paige, which bonded them, putting them on the right path. But of course, that didn't last long.
- This week, the fearful foursome combed found a bag of Maya's stuff, including a note Maya had written the night she died, asking Emily to meet her. But where? Hanna hunted through the site, hoping to find another clue. Emily wondered why she was so obsessed, and Hanna confessed that Caleb knew about A – and that made things too dangerous for him. So she had blown up all the photos from the website so they could see them better – and one of the photos was taken at Noel Kahn’s cabin. Spencer confronted Noel about it – and he said he and Maya had "a texting relationship," which meant he hooked her up with weed.
- Aria questioned Ezra about his ex, Maggie, whom his mother had paid off to get rid of a teenage pregnancy. It was causing big-time stress between them. At school, she discovered her mother Ella having a picnic with Zack, the owner of the coffee shop, a much younger man. "I don't have a problem with his age," Aria said, though clearly she did have a problem. But hey, glass houses and all. But her mom was apparently booking two dates a day. "I’m willing to kiss a few frogs to find my prince." Later, at the coffee shop, Zack told her he was only dating Aria’s mom. Aria told her mom, who went to see Zack. He said that he was into her – and that they should give this a shot.
- At the coffee shop, Hanna ran into Wren again, and asked her to grab coffee. But she told him she couldn't date Spencer's ex. Plus, she wasn't over Caleb. Then Spencer told her she’d finally heard from Toby, who took a job in Bucks County. But she was still super-stressed about her grades. Later, she snuck into the boys locker room and stole Noel’s cell phone. He caught her in the act. Later, she was looking at the photos from Maya’s site, and got a "BLOCKED" email. It was from Noel – and it was the security footage from his house the night Maya died.
- Nate showed up at the coffee shop and told Emily that Maya's old band was playing, and they should go. Then he confronted Jenna, who had ditched him because of CeCe’s crank call. It was a bit scary, how angry he was. Paige, meanwhile, told Em she wouldn’t be able to swim at the next meet because her trig average was down. Then they kissed and were all happy, planning a date for that night.
- Hanna and Emily went to Noel's lake house while he was at practice – not realizing that the cabin was monitored by cameras. The place was a mess. In a secret room, they found some bedding – and Maya's bag. Inside were a bunch of random things from Emily’s house, and a ticket out of town, dated for after Maya died. As the girls perused, the door was shut. Or more specifically -- someone shut the door. The girls were locked in. And they couldn't get a signal to call anyone. Panicked and smashing windows, Hanna cut her leg, but the girls managed to get out. On the wall, in big bold red letters, a note from A: "I'm saving you for later."
- At home, Hanna called Wren to get her wound stitched up, and he asked questions, but she wouldn’t answer. Then he fed her. He wanted to kiss her, but she told him to go. Emily, meanwhile, found Nate sitting on the front steps outside at Hanna's. He apologized for his behavior at the coffee house. She showed him Maya's bag. Nate teared up, they hugged, then started kissing. Of course, that's when Paige showed up with the Chinese food. But she did say anything. She walked away, furious, then texted Emily that she wasn't feeling well. The next day, Emily told Paige that Nate had come by – but she didn’t tell her about the kiss.
- At Ezra's, Aria watched a movie while he puttered around in the kitchen. He told her was tired, and asked her to reschedule. "Are we still fighting without actually fighting?" Aria said, apologizing. "I'm sorry. Your past is your past." But it wasn't, not anymore. He had found Maggie. She lived in Delaware. But he hadn't called her. Yet.
- Watching the video, Spencer spied Maya come on to the scene at 10:04 p.m. – right around her reported time of death. She called Aria, who watched, too. Looking at the file, it said Garrett had been in the car with her at 9 p.m. That meant Garrett wasn’t the last person to see Maya alive. So who was?
- She showed the tape to Aria and Hanna – and as it rolled on, at 1 a.m., Noel and Jenna showed up at the lake house, kissing. They went inside. Then, from the other side, Maya showed up on screen, leaving. And as she was about to walk off-screen, at 1:14 a.m., she was snatched away. A full hour after Garrett was arrested.
- Parting shot: the news about Garrett's trial, a gloved hand picking up the remote and turning off the TV.