Least essential TV-star Tweets of the week
From Kim K's ILYs to Steve O's long, cold flight, here are the best of Twitter's worst
By Kenny Herzog Feb 22, 2013 12:05PM
Social media is driven by inverse logic. By and large, the more followers and thumbs-up an individual has, the less likely they are to have anything meaningful to share. In other words, it's high school in soundbites. And in the case of most self-promoting celebrities broadcasting their unscripted thoughts via Twitter, that leads to shameless over-sharing of remarkably insignificant nonsense.
Bing: Kim Kardashian | Charlie Sheen
With that in mind, here are our hand-picked, least essential TV-star Tweets for the week of Feb. 18, 2013:
- On Thursday, at 1:33 p.m., @KimKardshian responded to user @anayassa's exclamation of "ILYSM!" with a doubly enthusiastic "OMG! ILYTSMM!!!!! LOL RT." Wouldn't ILYTSSM have been more astute?
- On Wednesday, at 11:40 a.m., @CharlieSheen pondered this little riddle: "today's first what's the difference between (WDB) John Cougar Mellencamp & a cougar on the john in a melon camp c." The answer? Um... c?
- Also on Wednesday, a mere 24 minutes after Sheen's brain-buster, @BrandiGlanville confessed, "I just realized what I'm "not" very empowering." Clearly.
- Late Thursday evening, at 10:34 p.m., @steveo was ready to de-board a long flight, but not before announcing, "Just landed in Minneapolis, it's colder than f&*%in s*&t!" Good thing I'm in New York then.
- And last but not Tweet-least, @bingangVH1 kick-started the week on Monday by updating us that she was "Out and about" at 6:54 p.m. Shoot, we missed her.
Spot any other inessential TV-star Tweets this past week? Feel free to share them in the comments below.